Hello friends, and happy new year! To kick off 2018, we’re showing you something a little different. This is an email Hayley sent to her family last week, as many of them are taking on the January Whole30 with us. Since none of them have done a Whole30 before, she wanted to provide them with a brief overview of how to use our recipes (or just cook) during the month. Below is her email, unedited (expect annotated with some recipe photos). We hope you all enjoy this look behind the scenes.
-Bill & Hayley
Here is some info on the Whole 30. https://whole30.com/new/
Prep is key. Not having food you can eat, as well as snacks, is where you get into trouble. You can google “is _____ whole30 compliant” and get an answer, but there is tons of info on the Whole30 website. There are also free dining guides and travel guides. Tons of support on the website to make your Whole30 successful.
Some staples that are approved are, Primal Palate Organic Spices :), Primal Kitchen Mayo (at whole foods), a lot of the Applegate products (hot dogs, etc), RX bars, Tessemae’s salad dressings, butter is out-but Ghee is allowed! White potatoes are also allowed, and sugar-free bacon. I think the one labeled “paleo” at whole foods, or the Pederson’s bacon.
• Bill and I have been enjoying wedge salads with diced tomato, Tessemae’s Creamy Ceasar dressing, and crispy bacon.
• Steamed green beans with ghee and salt are delicious
• Sheet Pan veggies: diced sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, with olive oil and either Amore or Steak Seasoning: https://www.
• Steamed Artichokes with Salted Ghee
• Roasted asparagus
• Pureed Cauliflower
• Big Ass Salad
• Roast whole chicken, or roast chicken parts: https://www.
• Instant pot chicken soup with meatballs: Broth, diced chicken, adobo meatballs, carrot, celery, salt and pepper, soup setting, done. Can add zucchini noodles if desired
• My easy meat sauce: Market District tomato basil sauce, ground beef seasoned with adobo, diced carrot, over zucchini noodles
• Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, or Sardine salad: I’ve been making this with Primal Kitchen Mayo, diced celery, diced olives, and thinly sliced green onion. You can use shredded chicken, canned tuna, canned salmon, or even sardines (sounds weird, but sardines pack a super nutrient punch, and it tastes just like tuna salad)
(make with cauliflower rice during Whole30)
• Asian Stir Fry: Carrot, Celery, Broccoli, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Bamboo Shoots, Water Chestnuts. Stir fry in olive oil, add coconut aminos, fish sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger. Add cubed chicken, shrimp, or beef. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil before serving. Can enjoy over cauliflower rice if desired. https://www.
• Lemongrass Chicken Curry: https://www.
(omit tortillas for Whole30)
• Jerk Shrimp Tacos (omit the tortillas): https://www.
• Chicken Pot Roast: https://www.
• Chopped Salad with Grilled Salmon (can sub chicken or shrimp or whatever):https://www.
• Chicken Fajitas: https://www.
• Ahi Tuna Salad: https://www.
• Curried Chicken Salad: https://www.
• Avocado and Arugula Salad (Omit feta): https://www.
• Roast Pork Loin: https://www.
• Turkey and Kale Soup (Omit rice-can sub cauli rice):https://www.
• Herb Potato Salad (Sub Kite Hill Cream Cheese Style Spread for Sour Cream): https://www.
Good luck everyone!
More Whole30 on Primal Palate