Ahi Tuna Salad
This light and refreshing salad is perfect for summer, with the perfectly grilled ahi tuna, and crisp cool vegetables. The sesame ginger dressing really adds a nice pop of flavor!
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ahi Tuna Steak
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos, 1/4 cup for marinade, 1/4 cup for dressing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, pressed or minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 whole 1/2 whole 1/2 whole Cucumber
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, sliced very thinly
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Green Onion, thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Lettuce, Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sesame Ginger Dressing (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the tuna steak in a wide bowl, and add the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinade refrigerated for 15 minutes. Flip the steak, spoon the marinade over it, recover, and marinade another 15 minutes. For the second half of the marinade, you can allow to come up to temperature (not refrigerated).
- Prepare the vegetables: Spiralize the cucumber, thinly slice the bell pepper, julienne the carrot.
- Preheat your grill to high heat. (At least 450 F).
- Bring together the Sesame Ginger Dressing ingredients. Whisk together, and set aside.
- Plate the salad greens, adding the carrot, cucumber, and bell pepper. Slice the avocado (doing this earlier risks it getting oxidized). Add the avocado to the salad plates.
- Grill the tuna steaks on high heat for about 4 minutes per side (for rare tuna). Pour the remaining marinade over the tuna after you've flipped it.
- Allow the tuna to rest for 5 minutes, then slice into 1/4" pieces. Plate in the center of the salad bowls, and dress everything with the sesame ginger dressing.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free GAPS Pescetarian Salads Seafood Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.