Fajitas are one of our favorite Tex-Mex dishes, though we serve them Whole30-style without a tortilla (UNLESS we have Siete tortillas on hand!) We recently tried streamlining this recipe by using already-cooked chicken breast, and it was a total game changer!
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Avocado, (1 avocado)
- 1 1 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- Garlic, fresh or granulated, optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper, 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper, 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Jalapeño, 1 pepper sliced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Primal Palate Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 2 2 Chicken Breast, cooked, and pulled into pieces
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash the avocado, and season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, the juice of half of a lime, and 1/2 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro. Set aside until the fajitas are ready. You can also add some fresh pressed garlic or garlic powder if you'd like!
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the peppers to the skillet, and saute until they start to sear. Add the onion, and continue to cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Season the vegetables with 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Turn the heat down to medium, to keep the vegetables from burning, and continue to saute until soft, about 12-15 minutes total cook time.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet, and add the chicken. Season the chicken with your remaining 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning, and cook until warm throughout.
- Enjoy the vegetables and chicken, topped with the fresh guacamole, a squeeze of lime juice, and the remaining cilantro.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free Sugar Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.