Lemon Poppy Seed-Cookies
These lemon and poppy seed cookies call for spring. They are sweet and tangy at the same time and as smooth as you want; I'm sure they will be popular with everyone in your family. Again, a simple recipe with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. If you don't have poppy seeds, don't hesitate to make them anyway since they are optional.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk (click for recipe), For Icing
- 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces Lemon Juice
- 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces Lemon zest
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, For Icing
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pea Protein Powder (unflavored), Raw Nutritional Vegan Pro - Maple Vanilla
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds, Optional
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Grain-free Powdered Sugar (click for recipe), For Icing
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, soften your vegan margarine for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Then add the granulated sugar to it and cream everything with a mixer.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and zest, the plant-based milk, then vanilla extract and mix again with the mixer.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (from the baking powder to the poppy seeds). Gradually add these to the liquid ingredients, stirring with a fork.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet until you get 14 cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 minutes. When out of the oven, mash the cookies with the back of a fork and let them cool completely before glazing.
- For the icing: Soften the margarine in the microwave, then add the icing sugar as well as the plant-based milk and the vanilla extract to it. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly glaze your cookies. Let the icing set before eating.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container or freeze without worries.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week