Passover Potato Kugel
Potato Kugel is often served for Passover. Kugel is often made with noodles, but noodles and breads are avoided on Passover, so potatoes take their place for a delicious casserole that can be enjoyed along side your other dishes like a brisket, or roast chicken, and matzo ball soup. Potato Kugel is typically shredded, but we made ours a little differently because I made the mistake of putting the food processor blade on wrong. We ended up really liking the texture, so we went with it! We added onion and fresh herbs to flavor this Potato Kugel, and topped it with sour cream, course salt and black pepper, and chopped chives. It was delicious!
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Potatoes, White
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Parsley, Flat Leaf, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Chives , minced, garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 4 4 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sour Cream , optional garnish
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350, and grease an 8x8 baking pan with ghee.
- Melt two tablespoons of ghee, and allow it to cool.
- Peel your potatoes, and slice them into quarters. Add the potatoes to your food processor for effortless shredding or slicing, depending on the texture you'd like.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and slice your onion into 8 pieces, and shred in your food processor as well. Transfer the onion to the bowl with the potatoes, being mindful to leave the liquid from the onion behind.
- Whisk 4 eggs, and pour the whisked eggs over the potatoes and onion.
- Mince your parsley and chives, and add them to the bowl, along with a teaspoon of Seafood Seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and fresh ground pepper if desired.
- Add in the melted ghee, and then stir to evenly combine.
- Transfer your potato mixture into your prepared baking dish, and then place in the oven to bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, place foil over the top of the kugel, and bak for an additional 20 minutes.
- After the kugel has baked for one hour, increase the temperature to 375, and bake for a remaining 15 minutes, or until golden on the top.
- Cut the kugel into squares to serve, and garnish with sour cream, fresh chives, and a sprinkle of course sea salt and black pepper.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week