Grain-free Hamantaschen (Updated version)
These delicious Hamantaschen cookies are the best part of Purim. With a shortbread-y sort of cookie base and sweet jam in the center, you'll be reaching for more. The jam thickens as the cookies cool, so try to resist eating them hot out of the oven!
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour, + additional for dusting
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Psyllium husk, ground
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1 1 Egg, whisked
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cassava Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Strawberry Preserves (click for recipe), or your choice of fruit preserves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together the almond flour, arrowroot, psyllium husk, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and ghee. Bring together with your hands or a sturdy spoon.
- Add in the whisked egg and bring together until a loose dough forms. Add the cassava 1 Tbsp at a time and incorporate until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide the ball in half, and place one ball on a parchment sheet dusted with arrowroot flour. Dust the dough with arrowroot flour. Roll out the dough to a 1/4" thickness.
- Cut out 3" circular shapes of dough using a circular or fluted cookie cutter. Remove the excess dough, and set aside to continue using.
- Place 1 tsp of jam or fruit preserves in the center of each cookie. Roll up 3 sides to make a triangular shaped base. Pinch the corners until closed fully.
- Repeat until all the dough has been used. Transfer the cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes at 350. Allow to cool then serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week