Pumpkin Spiced Donuts
- 2 2 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the maple sugar, and whisk again until smooth. You can also use a hand mixer for this if you cannot get the batter smooth enough with a whisk.
- Add the almond flour to the mixture and whisk again until completely smooth. You don't want to see any lumps or bumps.
- Repeat with the arrowroot flour, being sure all flour is evenly dissolved.
- Add the salt and baking powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil, and whisk again until your batter is smooth and creamy, and all the oil is combined into the batter.
- Drop a small amount of coconut oil (teaspoon or less) into each donut mold in your donut maker. If using a donut baking pan, be sure to grease each mold with coconut oil.
- Plug in your donut maker, and allow the temperature to rise for a minute or so. If using an oven, you will want to bake the donuts at 375 degrees.
- Scoop a large spoonful or two of batter into a piping bag, and carefully pipe the batter into each donut mold. For fluffy donuts, be sure to really fill the mold. They wont rise very high if you only fill the mold 3/4 of the way full.
- Close the donut maker, and allow the donuts to bake for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip your donuts with the tool provided in the donut maker box, close the lid and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. If baking in the oven, bake donuts for 12-15 minutes, being sure to start checking them at 10 minutes.
- Remove donuts, and allow to cool on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once cool, dip the donuts in the chocolate glaze, and place in the freezer for 3-5 minutes before adding the caramel drizzle. If making cake pops, you will want to dip the tip of the stick in the chocolate before skewering the cake ball.
- For the cake pops, carefully drizzle with chocolate using a spoon, or dip the cake ball in the chocolate glaze, and use the spoon to evenly coat the cake ball. Place cake pops in the freezer, using the holder provided by Babycakes for 3-5 minutes before adding the caramel drizzle.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, drizzle cake pops and donuts with caramel sauce, and place in the freezer again until the chocolate and caramel have hardened. The warm caramel will melt the hardened chocolate slightly.
- Keep frozen or refrigerated until an hour before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Dairy Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I just got a cake pop maker to enjoy with my little guy and husband. It has been hit and miss so far with paleo/gluten free pops… But this recipe was awesome! I halved the recipe in case it wasn’t good I didn’t want to use all of that expensive almond flour, lol. I used 1 Tbs. corn starch in place of the arrowroot, and I used 2 Tbs. coconut oil because things seem dry in the cake pop maker. Cooked for no more than 5 min. Thanks so much for a great recipe!!! A great treat indeed
SO GOOD. I have neither a donut maker nor a cake pop maker, so I just plopped little piles of the batter on a cookie sheet and called them Pumpkin Lumps. I didn’t add the chocolate or caramel, and the Lumps had just a hint of sweetness to them – perfect.
I made these using our doughnut maker! Delicious! The pumpkin flavor was very subtle, but they weren’t bland. The consistency was perfect!
These look divine and my daughter can’t wait to try the cake pops! I was wondering about the chocolate glaze and caramel drizzle? Should I just melt some chocolate chips? How should I make the caramel drizzle?
Here are the other two recipes you need:
Soft Caramel: https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/soft-caramel/
Chocolate Glaze: https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/chocolate-glaze/
These look amazing! Definetly making them soon!