Deliciously Simple Chicken Burrito Bowls
Succulent, juicy, Mexican spiced chicken is pan seared served on a mountain of light a fluffy cilantro-lime cauliflower rice then topped with a light, fresh, tomato salsa, a few slices of avocado, a drizzle of the most amazing, creamy, dreamy, cilantro-lime crema and a few dashes of your fave hot sauce. So many colors, so many flavors, so many textures, so much deliciousness your pretty little head my just explode!!!!!!! It’s like a little Mexican fiesta in a bowl!
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Chicken Breast, Skinless, Could sub thighs if you prefer - For the chicken
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Healthy, Homemade Mexican Seasoning (click for recipe), For the chicken
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice, For the cilantro lime crema
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Cauliflower Rice (click for recipe), For the cilantro lime cauli-rce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic, Melted and cooled - For the cilantro lime cauli-rce
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, For serving
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, For the cilantro lime crema
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, For the cilantro lime crema
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Grape Tomatoes, For the cheats pico
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Red Onion, For the cheats pico
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream, could sub coconut - Greek style yogurt - For the cilantro lime crema
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, Sliced - For serving
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, Sliced - For serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, Tessemae's, For serving
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Plantain Chips, Or Siete Foods Tortilla Chips - For serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First let’s make the cilantro lime cream –
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until deliciously creamy and well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed then transfer into a small bowl, jug or mason jar and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Next up let’s make our quick and easy, cheats pico –
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Place in the fridge until your ready to assemble your delicious little burrito bowl.
- Now, onto the chicken –
- – Sprinkle both sides of your chicken with Mexican seasoning and give it a nice little massage to make sure its nice and evenly (and thoroughly) coated.
- – Place a fry pan over medium high heat, drizzle with a little coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice) and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until deliciously golden and cooked through.
- – Once your chicken is cooked, squeeze over your lime juice and transfer to a plate (or chopping) board, cover to keep warm and allow it to rest while you cook your “rice” then chop it up into bite size pieces to serve.
- Lastly, let’s make our rice –
- – Place a fry pan over medium-high heat, add coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice) and cauliflower rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not over-stir or it will go mushy) until cooked through.
- – Once your rice is cooked, add cilantro (coriander), lime juice and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Build your bowl –
- Divide cauli-rice between two serving dishes, add chicken, avocado, pico + a generous drizzle of our dreamy, cilantro lime cream, a little extra cilantro (coriander), some sliced jalapenos’, a few dashes of your fave hot sauce and crumble over your plantain (or tortilla) chips if desired.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week