Chicken salad with apples, walnuts and raisins
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Chicken Breast, Skinless, cooked and cubed
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Celery
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Onion, minced (or sub scallion or shallot)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Raisins
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Walnuts, Organic, roughly chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Apple, Fuji, diced (about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe), or yogurt (dairy or coconut)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Water, as needed to thin out the mayo or yogurt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, or to taste
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Granulated Garlic
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt, or to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, onion, raisins, walnuts and apple. Set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and/or mayo, water (if needed to thin it out to a whiskable consistency), lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Fold the dressing (yogurt/mayo mixture) into the chicken mixture until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use mayo or coconut-based yogurt for a non-dairy or Whole30 compliant adaptation.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free GAPS Nightshade Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.