- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon, juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Yellow Mustard Seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a blender or food processor, blend egg, lemon juice, and mustard seed.
- Slowly add in oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, continuing to blend.
- When the oil has all emulsified and you have a creamy mayonnaise, add in salt and pepper, and continue to blend.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
My husband is allergic to nuts; what do you suggest as a substitute for the mac nut oil?
You could try avocado oil in place of the mac nut oil. We choose macadamia nut oil for flavoring purposes, but olive oil could work too.
Is there a guide to “shelf life” available? I want to make sure I keep plenty of these condiments and sauces around for friends to try when they come over, so I want to make plenty to keep around in the fridge, etc. Any suggestions?
I saw in another paleo mayo recipe where they used coconut oil. Could coconut oil be substituted for this one as well? I’m not big on the olive oil flavor – and I’m not sure if I can find macadamia where I live. Thanks!
I have made Paleo mayonnaise with a ‘light tasting’ olive oil and the olive oil flavor was not detected. Although, I am not sensitive to it. I have seen Paleo mayo recipes that used: avacado oil, macadamia nut, sesame & coconut oil, coconut oil, and sunflower oil. Performing an internet search will drum up many options. Due to the egg and lack of preservatives, it would seem that 1 week refrigerated would be its sustainability.
I would like to know how many cups this recipe yields? 1.5 C?
I tried to make mayo, and it was a complete failure. Would not emulsify. What did I do wrong? Added the oil very slowly…. I did use olive oil as that was what I had in the house.
Hi, I’m Italian and I live in Italy.
Do you tell me where I can buy on line oil macadamia?
Your recipes are wonderful, I have taked all your 3 books, they are super!
You can get Macadamia nut oil on Amazon.