“The Reese’s Cupcake” Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Sunbutter Frosting
- 6 6 6 Eggs, Pastured
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Maple Syrup, Pure
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, Organic, or coconut milk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Sunbutter Frosting (click for recipe), [click to view this recipe]
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack 6 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, salt, baking soda, maple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, and cocoa powder and continue to blend.
- Add melted butter or oil, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Place cupcake papers into cupcake pan and pour batter into each cup.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, frost, and refrigerate until serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCupcakes & Muffins Nightshade Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I have now made these twice, once as cupcakes and once as a 13X9 cake. All I can say is that I love it and have shared the website and this recipe with Paleo friends who are now sharing it on to their friends. Thank you so much for so many wonderful ideas!
These were really good! My 12 year old son made these the other night (with my supervision) for a math recipe project. He needed a recipe with lots of different fractions, and I had been waiting for an occasion to make these! They had to do conversions on paper (1/2, 1 1/2 and double recipe) and then we made a triple recipe so he would have enough to share (plus leave some here!). Taste just like a Reese’s!
Has anyone tried the coconut milk approach? Just wondering if they come out with the same consistency since heavy whipping cream tends to be thicker than coconut milk.
I’ve made these twice and they’re FANTASTIC!
Yay! That’s so great!!