Summer Spring Rolls with “Peanut” Sauce
Spring rolls are a light and refreshing dish that are perfect for entertaining. Although they take a bit of work, the effort is well worth it - this dish is a crowd pleaser!
- 5 pieces 5 pieces 5 pieces Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos, (marinade)
- 3 3 3 Fish Sauce, drops (marinade)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder, (marinade)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Onion Powder, (marinade)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Ginger, ground, (marinade)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (marinade)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, (marinade)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Duck Fat
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Green Cabbage
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Daikon, julienned
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup "Peanut" Sauce (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse the chicken thighs under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Place the chicken in a sealable container or zip-top plastic bag with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels. Allow it to come to room temperature while you prepare the “Peanut” Sauce.
- Heat the duck fat in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides, flipping as necessary to cook evenly. This should take 12–15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool. Once cool, slice it into 1/2-inch strips. Fry the mushrooms in the chicken juices until soft, then allow them to cool in the pan.
- Peel 8 leaves from the head of cabbage and steam them in a large steamer basket or steamer pot until soft, about 10 minutes. Allow the leaves to cool enough that you can handle them. Wipe the excess water from each leaf and remove the thick stem from the center.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Distribute the chicken, mushrooms, carrots, daikon, and avocado among the leaves. Drizzle each with a little sauce. Roll carefully, tucking in the sides when you get halfway to the end. Place the spring rolls in a baking dish and bake for 7–10 minutes, until warmed throughout.
- Allow the rolls to cool slightly, then slice them in half. Serve with extra “Peanut” Sauce for dipping.
To make this recipe nightshade-free, omit the red pepper flakes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week