Spicy n’ Sweet Blood Orange Wings with Mint Dipping Sauce
This is the perfect appetizer for both spicy and sweet fans!
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Chicken Wings
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee, melted
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp Salt, (reserve 1/4 tsp for future step, divide)
- 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blood Orange, juice, divided
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Chipotle Powder, divided
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mint Leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Toss with ghee, salt and pepper. Arrange wings on a wire rack on top of a rimmed-baking sheet.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, mix up your two sauces.
- For the spicy sauce, combine 1/2 cup blood orange juice, 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, 1/4 tsp cumin and 1/8 tsp salt.
- For the sweet sauce, combine 1/2 cup blood orange juice, 1 tbls honey and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Pour each into separate small sauce pots. Cook on medium-low until the sauce reduces and becomes thicker.
- Once the chicken wings are done and crispy, toss into each sauce pot and thoroughly coat.
- For the dipping sauce, mix mint, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp chipotle, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper into mayo.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week