Skillet to Plate in Under 30 (Gyro Version)
I use this recipe frequently meal prepping. It is all about comfort food in the middle of the work day that won't bog you down. You can make the recipe even more creamy by adding more Paleo mayo and it won't interfere with the integrity of the meal. You'll be wanting seconds with this easy dish.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, white, yellow or red, personal preference rules here!
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Black Olives, small can of sliced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning, heaping
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe), can use a full cup or more, as preferred
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Horseradish, fresh ground, optional*
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, as desired
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Serves: 4 people or 2 really post WOD hungry people
- In a skillet over medium high heat, loosely fry until half cooked: 1 pound of grass fed hamburger and Lightly salt and Pepper, optional
- Combine in bowl and add to half cooked hamburger: 1 diced onion, personal preference of white, yellow or red, no rules here! Small can of sliced black olives, drained, 2 ribs of sliced celery, 1 heaping tablespoon of Primal Palate Gyro Seasoning
- Once hamburger has darken and is almost crispy brown, the celery and onion should be just softened and tender.
- Take off heat and stir in: 3/4 -1 cup of paleo mayo, I preferred homemade but pre-made can work here also, 1 tablespoon of fresh ground horseradish, optional*
- Mix well and enjoy!
*Don’t be scared of the horseradish bite. This little amount adds depth to dish with slight punch.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week