Rockin’ Moroccan Roasted Carrots
Soft, tender, crisp, crunchy, sweet, spicy Moroccan roasted carrots with a light, fresh, creamy, dreamy, tahini and lime dressing.
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Baby Carrots
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, melted and cooled - or cooking fat of choice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ras El Hanout (Moroccan Spice Mix), could use homemade - http://betterwithcake.com/anytime/healthy-homemade-moroccan-seasoning/ or your fave blend
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Spicy Tahini & Lime Dressing (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pomegranate
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 175’C/350’F
- Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- Place your sliced carrots into a bowl, or directly onto your baking tray then drizzle with coconut oil, season with Moroccan seasoning and an extra pinch of salt and pepper if desired, and toss to coat.
- Place your carrots onto your prepared baking sheet, make sure your carrots are evenly spaced on your baking sheet, you want to make sure they have some room to breathe, this is important, it ensures our carrots get nice crispy (not sad and soggy) edges!!!
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the flesh is soft and tender and the edges are nice and crisp.
- Once your carrots are crisp and caramelized, transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with some of your spicy tahini and lime dressing, scatter over your pretty little pomegranate arils, sprinkle with coriander (cilantro) and finish with a cheeky squeeze of lime.
- Serve as a side with your protein of choice, or with build an epic salad with a couple of soft boiled eggs, some garlic roasted Brussels sprouts, some perfectly roasted baby potatoes, some sliced avocado and a mountain of baby salad greens.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week