This is the perfect dish to accompany a good steak but it can also be a great starter. Also, it will satisfy all your vegetarian friends' desires.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, big one
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Aubergine, big one
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Tomato, Beefsteak
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Tomato, Cherry
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Basil Pesto (click for recipe)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Basil, dried
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven grill to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6.
- Cut the aubergine and courgettes in circles and line them on baking paper
- Melt the butter with the pesto and brush with the mixture the aubergines and courgettes.
- Bake for around 15 mins.
- During that time cut the tomato in little squares, chop the garlic and add them to a little saucepan. Add some salt and pepper and if needed a tiny bit of honey.
- Take the aubergines and courgettes out.
- Slice the mozzarella in circles.
- Start building the towers by layering aubergines, courgettes and mozzarella in any order you wish. On each aubergine and courgette slice add a tea spoonful of the tomato sauce.
- Finish it up with a cherry tomato. Attach it to the tower using a wooden skewer. Add tiny crumbs of mozzarella on top of the tomato and grill until golden.
- Garnish with some fresh basil or parsley and enjoy while hot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week