Pumpkin Roll Cake
This cake is a fall favorite recreated gluten, grain, and refined sugar free! This will make a delicious addition to your thanksgiving table! It goes nice with my Dairy Free Maple Frosting or a grass-fed cream cheese frosting! Enjoy!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground, + 1/2 tsp.
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Ginger, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Salt
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 0.666 cup 0.666 cup 0.666 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Maple Sugar
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cream Cheese Frosting (Version 2) (click for recipe), or my Dairy Free Maple Frosting
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper as well as using coconut oil to grease the jellyroll pan (must be a jelly roll size pan not a standard half sheet or else it will not work!)
- In a separate bowl mix together the coconut flour, arrowroot, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat eggs coconut sugar, and maple sugar on medium high until light in color, about 3 minutes. Add in vanilla and pumpkin. Mix until combined. Add in half the dry ingredients, mix until combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix. Add in the ACV. Mix again then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into the jelly roll pan and spread evenly. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Layout a kitchen towel and place a piece of wax paper on top of it.
- Take the cake out of the oven and place the pan cake side down onto the wax paper. Carefully remove the pan, then take off the parchment paper from the cake.
- Starting at the narrow end closest to you, start rolling the cake with JUST the wax paper, until it is all rolled up. Then roll the rolled cake into the kitchen towel and place on a wire rack to cool completely. This might sound super complicated, but trust me it is super easy and fun! (:
- Once cool, carefully unroll the cake, discard the wax paper, and spread with frosting. Use the cake as a guide to carefully roll the cake back up. Place seam side down onto a tray or large plate. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
To keep this cake completely dairy free use a dairy free frosting such as my 'Dairy Free Maple Frosting' in my ebook 'Paleo Crumbs Fall Favorites' or if you tolerate dairy well try a grass-fed cream cheese frosting! (: Recipe from Paleo Crumbs Fall Favorites: http://www.paleocrumbs.com/ebook
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.