Cream Cheese Frosting (Version 2)
This delicious cream cheese frosting follows the 20% rule for sure, but is a great recipe for those looking to make real cream cheese frosting with high quality ingredients!
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted, 1 stick, softened to room temperature
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Cream Cheese, Full Fat, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cup 2 3/4 cup 2 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar, 365 Organic
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Before making this frosting, be sure that you allow your butter and cream cheese to fully soften to room temperature. I prefer to leave the butter out for a few hours, but the cream cheese should be ready within an hour.
- Place the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl, or a standing mixer, and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and beat after each addition until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Once all of the sugar is added to the frosting, beat the mixture for 3-5 minutes or until it's whipped and creamy.
- Keep the frosting at room temperature until you have used what you need to frost your cakes or cupcakes, and then refrigerate what is left, or freeze for later use.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week