Paleo Tuna Cakes
Even if you don't like fish, you'll love these easy, healthy and paleo tuna cakes! They contain: no breadcrumbs, no gluten, 100% paleo, they have veggies and they are so easy to make! The best part is that even my now picky toddler will still gobble these up happily, and will get loads of vitamins from them!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Potatoes, White, Boiled and mashed
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Tuna, Canned
- 0.125 cup 0.125 cup 0.125 cup Leek, Finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Parsley, Flat Leaf, Finely chopped
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Carrots, grated
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, From a fresh lemon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt and Pepper, To taste is best
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic, For frying
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- ["Get your potato cooking. If you are pressed for time, chop it up into smaller pieces","Chop up the leek and shallot","Grate the carrot","Once the potato has finished cooking and is cool enough to touch, mash it","In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients","Shape into patties","Heat frying pan with oil","Add the patties and pan fry on medium heat","This part is really important: Don\'t flip them too soon! I am so impatient and have ruined multiple pancakes, cakes, meatballs, patties, anything by flipping too soon. Wait for the sides to brown a bit, and then flip. It took about five minutes on a pretty high heat","Flip and pan fry on the other side for an additional three to five minutes"]
You can easily swap the white potato for sweet potato in this recipe. Also, if you don't have a non-stick pan, you may want to add more coconut oil in order to prevent them from sticking and to allow for easier flipping! To prevent these from falling apart, you need to cook them on a medium fire. This makes it take longer for them to be ready, but otherwise, they may fall apart. Also, be sure to flip them only once you see that the sides are also starting to get brown.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeAppetizers Dairy Free Nut Free Pescetarian Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
how are white potatoes paleo?
Here’s your answer: https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-blog/are-potatoes-paleo/