Open Fire Veggie Curry
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Green Beans, fresh, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cauliflower, small, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, sliced
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Yellow Onion, thickly sliced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Potatoes, White, small, diced, (use any variety potatoes you prefer)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Dried Chiles, red
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt, divided
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Curry Powder, see notes
- 27 fl oz 27 fl oz 27 fl oz Coconut Milk, full fat, (equivalent to 2 cans)
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Cauliflower Rice (click for recipe), cooked, may sub regular rice if desired
- Wash and prep veggies ahead of time (indoors, if that's easier).
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pot over an open fire. Add minced garlic and heat until fragrant.
- Stir in all vegetables, dried chilies, 1 tsp salt, and water. Cover and allow to cook for about an hour or until potatoes are fully cooked, stirring occasionally. The cooking time may vary significantly depending on your outdoor cooking setup.
- If any water remains after cooking, drain off. ***Remove the 2 dried chilies. You probably don't want to eat these.***
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry powder, and 1 tsp salt. Stir into the veggies and allow to heat for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with red pepper flakes and green onion, if desired.
I used Penzeys "The Now Curry" seasoning and depending on the brand you use, you may want to use more or less to taste. Additionally, this brand is salt free so if your curry powder contains salt, you may want to reduce or omit the teaspoon of salt that gets mixed into the coconut milk. Use red pepper flakes or sliced green onion to garnish, if desired. Cooking times may vary significantly depending on your outdoor cooking setup.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week