Lobster and Avocado Salad
In addition to being super-fresh and delicious, this salad packs an interesting textural experience. I love the buttery and rich flavors of the lobster against the creamy chunks of avocado. The Lemon Vinaigrette is perfect for this salad, but you could experiment with other dressings as well. This salad is a great treat and a nice complement to a fancier summertime dinner.
- 4 4 4 Lobster Tail
- 2 2 2 Avocado, ripe. peeled and pitted
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Arugula
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Shallot, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette (click for recipe)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Microgreens, optional
- This recipe is from Make It Paleo 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a steamer basket, steam the lobster tails for 8–10 minutes, or until the shells turn bright red and the meat is opaque. Once fully cooked, remove from the steamer basket and allow to cool.
- Chop the avocados and place them in a glass mixing bowl. Add the arugula, cilantro, and shallot and carefully combine, being mindful of not mashing the avocado. Drizzle the salad mixture with about 2 Tbsp of the vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully toss to combine.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells and rinse the meat under cold water to be sure it is free of any shell pieces. Chop the meat into bite-sized chunks and set aside for plating.
- Divide the dressed salad among 4 plates and top each with onequarter of the steamed lobster meat. Lightly drizzle the lobster meat with additional vinaigrette, top with microgreens, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week