Instant Pot Chop Suey
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lard, or your preferred cooking fat
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Celery, stalks, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Snap Peas
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Salt, divided
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Fennel
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Stew Beef
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, cold
- 5 cups 5 cups 5 cups Cauliflower Rice (click for recipe), cooked, or sub cooked white rice if preferred
- Instant Pot
- Melt lard or other fat in an Instant Pot set to sauté. Do not cover with lid.
- Once the fat is hot, stir in garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, celery, snow peas, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Continue to sauté until the vegetables are softened, then turn off the heat and set the vegetables aside for later. If you can't keep them warm, you may refrigerate them.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and removed from the pot, whisk in the coconut aminos, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and fennel.
- Add beef and season with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Stir. Secure lid and set valve to sealing. Press the button that says "manual" then press the plus (+) button until the display reads 40 minutes.
- After the 40 minutes is up and the timer has gone off, wait for the pressure to naturally release as opposed to switching the valve to "venting". Once the pressure has released, you can then switch the valve to "venting" to ensure all the pressure is gone and then remove the lid.
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the juices in the pot. Press the "sauté" button. Once the juices start to bubble, whisk together the starch and water in a separate bowl then whisk this mixture into the pot. Allow to thicken slightly.
- Stir the beef and vegetables back into the pot with the sauce. Give the vegetables a few minutes to heat back up then turn off the heat. Serve over rice and garnish with some sliced green onion, if desired.
This recipe assumes the user is familiar with and knows how to use an Instant Pot. Always read and follow the manufacturers instructions before attempting to make a recipe in your Instant Pot.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week