Hunan Chicken Recipe
It’s basically less tasty but more on the hot and spicier side. However, the Hunan chicken recipe that I love to eat is less spicy, sweeter and more savory in taste. The real Hunan chicken contains vegetables such as peppers, scallions, and chiles and it also comes with bone-in chicken pieces.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Honey, Raw
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Peppercorns, Ground Fresh
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Chicken Thigh, boneless skinless, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Red Chili (Fresh, Asian-style)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Ginger Glaze (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Green Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Barbecue Sauce (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Stir together the peppercorns, salt, honey, sherry and soy sauce in a large bowl and then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ginger, red chile pepper, garlic, and green onions; no more than 30 seconds cook and stir until fragrant.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture & chicken for another 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover. Simmer the heat and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, bean sauce, and sesame oil and pout it over the chicken and keep stirring high heat and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeDairy Free Egg Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.