Healthy Homemade Teriyaki Chicken with Sweet and Spicy Pineapple-Jalapeno’ Salsa
All natural, quick and easy, succulent, juicy, teriyaki grilled chicken with a light, fresh, sweet and spicy pineapple-jalapeno’ salsa. A new and exciting, quick and easy, delicious, nutritious, seriously flavorsome, healthy, homemade dinner recipe that the whole family will love and, you can get on the table in under 30 minutes!
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Skinless Chicken Breast
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pineapple Juice
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp wheat-free Tamari
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ginger Root, grated
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, For the salsa
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, For the salsa
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pineapple, finely chopped - For the salsa
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, finely chopped - for the salsa
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, finely chopped - for the salsa
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, finely chopped - for the salsa
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice, For the salsa
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce Healthy (click for recipe), http://betterwithcake.com/anytime/healthy-homemade-asian-style-bbq-sauce-vegan-gluten-free-paleo-friendly/
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- For the Chicken: Place chicken onto a piece of parchment paper and give it a little pounding with a rolling pin (or implement of choice) to slightly tenderize, flatten out and ensure a thinner and more uniform thickness overall which will result in a quicker and more even cooking.
- Pall marinade ingredients into a small bowl (or even just a zip lock bag will work) and give it a little stir/shake to combine.
- Place chicken into your teriyaki marinade and toss to coat. Set aside for 10-15 minutes, at room temperature to marinate. You can totally do this a few hours ahead of time too if you're super organized.
- Place a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat, add a little extra coconut (or olive oil/ bacon fat or ghee/cooking oil of choice) and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside to rest while you make your salsa.
- To make the salsa: Place all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. FYI - It's fine to make the salsa ahead of time just don't add the lime juice until a few minutes before you are ready to serve as the acidity from the lime juice can cause the pineapple to break down a little after a few hours
- To serve: Simply place a couple of heaping spoonfuls of your sweet and spicy pineapple-jalapeno salsa on top of your succulent, juicy teriyaki chicken, drizzle with a little Asian style BBQ sauce if desired and serve with a simple salad or your veg of choice. You can serve it simply with a side of rice or cauli-rice and I highly recommend adding in with some good ol' fashion green beans and some creamy, dreamy avocado (like so) - but do what you feel - make it your own 🙂
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week