Healthy, Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce
All natural, quick & easy, thick, rich, smoky, sweet, hearty, healthy Asian style BBQ sauce.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup wheat-free Tamari
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Cloves, ground
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until your sauce has reduced and thickened to your desired consistency. FYI: for me it only took around 5-10 mins.
- Once cool, transfer to a sealed airtight container and store in the fridge. It should keep well, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
- Use as you would your fave BBQ sauce
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week