Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Chutney
This dish should perhaps read “mango chutney with grilled mahi mahi,” as the chutney really is the star of the show. This spicy, warm, sweet sauce just dances on your tongue and brings the mahi mahi to life. This condiment of Southeast Asian origin pairs well with most white fish, and chicken as well.
- 4 Mahi Mahi Filets, 5–6 oz each4 mahi mahi filets, 5–6 oz each
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Mango Chutney (click for recipe)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine garlic, spice, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor until well blended.
- Marinate the fishr up to 1 hour before grilling.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 400°F). If you have a fish plate for your grill, allow it to preheat as well.
- Place fish on the grill, skin side down first.
- Cook for 4–5 minutes before flipping.
- Cook opposite side for 4–5 minutes, until fish is opaque in the center.
- Serve topped with mango chutney and a sprig of cilantro.
To complete this dish, serve with a side of cauliflower rice , or steamed vegetables.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Nut Free Pescetarian Seafood Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Another wonderful dish! Had another couple over to dinner one night and made this recipe with some fresh, wild caught Mahi that my stepfather caught and gave me. It was a spectacular meal!! The couple was curious about the basic mashed cauliflower so I made that and grilled asparagus as sides. We all agreed that no one needs a restaurant when we can cook like this at home! Great recipe! The chutney was awesome and spicy which we all loved.
I’m new to Paleo and was wondering about the Mango Chutney. I know you can buy it pre-made in a jar, but is that going to be Paleo approved? Is there a link to the recipe that is recommended? Thanks 🙂
And the recipe for Mango Chutney is where…….?