Grain-Free Crab Cakes
Delicious and easy to make crab cakes.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour, additional, for dredging
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, large, beaten
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat olive oil over med-low heat in a frying pan and lightly cook shallot and bell pepper until just softened.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl add lump crabmeat, 2 Tbsp coconut flour, parsley, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and cooked shallot and bell pepper.
- Gently mix the ingredients being careful not to break up the crabmeat too much.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties, approximately 3-4 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place 1/2 cup of additional coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly dredge each crab cake. Shake off or lightly wipe off any excess coconut flour so it is only a fine coating.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a shallow pan or cast iron skillet.
- Fry crab cakes for a few minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place cooked crab cakes on a paper towel lined plate to cool. Serve immediately.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week