Fajita Lettuce Wraps with Chipotle Aioli
The lack of tortillas doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes. We use iceburg lettuce leaves to make these steak fajitas, and they’re just as flavorful as the “real” thing!
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder, (for Chipotle Aioli)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- Mayonnaise (click for recipe), (for Chipotle Aioli)
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Iceburg Lettuce
- 1 1 1 Avocado
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder, the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red bell pepper, mushrooms, and onions to the skillet and sauté, seasoning liberally with the spice mixture.
- When the onions and peppers are soft, transfer the vegetables to a bowl, and set aside.
- Season the steak with the spice blend. Add the steak to the hot skillet, and cook 4-6 minutes.
- Season the mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder, and whisk to combine.
- Place the steak and vegetables in a lettuce cup, and top with avocado and Chipotle Aioli to serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week