BBQ Chicken & Green Chili Loaded Potatoes
All natural, quick and easy, deliciously simple, seriously saucy, incredibly flavorful BBQ chicken, green chili loaded baked potatoes. Minimum effort, maximum flavor!
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole White Potatoes, I used regular white potatoes but you could use sweet orange/kumara or white if you prefer
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted and cooled - or cooking fat of choice
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce Healthy (click for recipe), Any kind of BBQ sauce will work so feel free to sub your fave but, I highly recommend my homemade version it’s super easy to make and 100% worth it! + extra for serving
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, Finely sliced more or less to taste/with or without seeds depending on how feisty you’re feeling
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Avocado
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk, could sub coconut cream, yogurt or milk of choice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed - more or less to taste
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, Optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First we want to cook those golden delicious potatoes, you can do this however you prefer I like to do mine in the oven that way they are nice and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside. You could totally just do them in the microwave if you prefer it’s totally up to you. Do what you feel, just get those babies cooked!
- If cooking in the oven simply pierce them a few times with a fork, toss in a little coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and pop them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or foil and roast those babies at 175’C (350’F) for 30-40 minutes (this may vary depending on their size) until they are deliciously golden and crisp cooked through. You can test this by gently squeezing them with your fingers (careful, they’re hot!) or test with a knife, fork or even just a toothpick.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and carefully slice each potato in half then use a fork to press down in the center to flatten them out a little, you want to slightly fluff/mash up a little of the filling as you go. This helps to make a larger surface area for us to pile on our tasty, tasty toppings. Set aside.
- Place your shredded chicken, BBQ sauce and chili into a small bowl along with a good pinch of salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Spoon a generous serving of your spicy BBQ chicken filling (I’m talking a good 1/2 cup per potato) onto each of your perfectly cooked potatoes, then top with a handful of your shredded purple cabbage, a couple of extra chilies then add a nice drizzle of our avocado cream and maybe some extra BBQ sauce and finish things off with a a sprinkling of coriander (cilantro).
- Hello flavor-town!
- Enjoy xo
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week