Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus with Garlic Aioli
This dish is almost too beautiful to eat! Our bacon-wrapped asparagus is great as an appetizer or side dish. Or bring it to your next potluck and bask in all the compliments.
- 1 - 2 bunch 1 - 2 bunch 1 - 2 bunch Asparagus, (about 20-30 stalks)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Hot Sauce (Frank's Redhot)
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Lemon Juice, from a fresh lemon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the bottom 1-inch off of the asparagus and discard.
- Rinse the asparagus under water, and shake well to dry. Lay flat on a pan lined with foil and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Separate the asparagus into 4 bundles of about 5-6 pieces in each. Wrap each bundle evenly with a slice of bacon; try not to overlap the bacon, leaving just the tips from each end unwrapped.
- Place the bundles back onto the pan and roast for about 20 minutes. Finish under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the bacon gets crispy.
- For the aioli, whisk together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lemon juice, and salt and pepper until thoroughly incorporated. Serve over top of the bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week