15 Minute BBQ Chicken & Avocado Lettuce Cups
A delicious, nutritious, seriously flavorful, fuss free, family friendly meal that comes together 15 minutes.
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Skinless Chicken Breast, ground/mince
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce Healthy (click for recipe), or your favorite kind + extra for serving
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Cream, could sub coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed from about 1/4 of a large lime
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Butter Lettuce
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Radish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First let’s make the cilantro lime cream –
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until deliciously creamy and well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed then transfer into a small bowl, jug or mason jar and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Now let’s make our BBQ chicken filling;
- Place a large fry pan over medium-high heat and sauté onion, garlic and mushroom for 2 – 3 minutes until tender
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until cooked through.
- Add your BBQ sauce and stir to combine BBQ sauce and set aside.
- To serve, slice up your avocado and place a few slices into each lettuce leaf then add a heaping spoonful of your BBQ chicken mix, top with pickled radish, a drizzle of your cilantro lime cream and an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce if desired.
- Enjoy dude 🙂
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week