This is our dairy free version of Yorkshire Puddings from our cookbook Gather (http://bit.ly/GatherCookbook). They are fantastic with the use of coconut milk, but traditionally use heavy cream.
- 3 3 3 Eggs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Marjoram, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp 8 Tbsp Duck Fat, or lard
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, and coconut milk.
- Add the almond flour, and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add the arrowroot flour, and continue to stir until all of the almond and arrowroot is combined and there are no lumps. You may also wish to use a hand mixer for this.
- Add the salt, pepper, rosemary, marjoram, garlic powder, and onion powder, and stir to combine all seasonings evenly.
- Grease each cup in a muffin pan with a tablespoon each of duck fat or lard, and fill each cup 3/4 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Allow puddings to cool, and then remove from the pan. They should remove easily.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week