Yellow Squash Latkes
- 3 3 3 Eggs, Pastured
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 4 4 4 Yellow Squash
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Grate yellow squash using a food processor or grater.
- Place grated squash in a dish towel and squeeze as much excess liquid from the squash as possible.
- Beat 3 eggs, and mix into squash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 cup coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Form squash into small cakes, about the size of the palm of your hand, and carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry until crispy, allow to cool slightly, and serve.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
What a great way to use up all that summer squash. We sub’d in zucchini, cut back on the salt & it turned out great, especially piled high with salsa and guacamole. Making it again tonight too. Yum!
Easy to make and good. I’ll have to see what other spices I can add to it. The idea of salsa and guacamole is spot on!
It was very easy to make and it was very good! I used 5 yellow squash, and had to use some coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid.