White Wine Cream Sauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee, or pan drippings
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Yellow Onion, large
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Wine, White, dry, such as chardonnay
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full fat, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sage, fresh, about 10-12 leaves, chopped
- 1 1 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground, freshly grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions in pan drippings or ghee until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened and slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeEgg Free Nightshade Free Nut Free Pescetarian Sauces & Dressings Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
I made this for my family last night (with a couple changes) and it was delicious! I subbed chicken stock for the wine, added an extra cup of stock (I needed a lot of sauce), and then simmered it for a good long while to reduce it before adding in the remaining ingredients. I also eliminated the sage, as I was serving it with a dish that already had sage in it: zoodles, kielbasa, and sage roasted butternut squash with your lovely garlic cream sauce.
The sauce is not very thick, but it’s velvety soft and packed full of flavor. Love it!