Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
A play on classic twice baked potatoes for breakfast
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, medium sized, round
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, sweet, medium
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 4 4 4 Eggs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a couple times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent. After bacon cools, dice into small pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. I used a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around then I cut the middle into three pieces. This makes it easier to remove the middle without breaking the skin.
- Mash sweet potato into skillet. If it is a little undercook, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the bacon bits. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week