TURKISH STYLE SPICY SAVORY BREAKFAST BOWLS
Grain Free Turkish Style Savory Breakfast Bowls. One pan is all you need to make these, spicy, healthy, savory breakfast bowls. Filled with spicy breakfast sausage, herbs, veggies, egg, and a tangy yogurt topping! Great for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Perfect with paleo flatbread or crusty gluten free toast.
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Diced Tomatoes, Canned (drained)
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Italian Sausage, Hot, spicy ground sausage , ground chorizo or meat of your choice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Green Chilies, Chopped (canned or fresh)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Apricots, chopped dried turkish apricots
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika, or hot paprika
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, Onion Salt
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, hard boiled
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Plain Greek Yogurt, or plain goats milk yogurt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley, fresh (save some for topping)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First drain you tomatoes and green chilies if you are using canned. If you are using fresh, be sure to chop extra fine.
- Place tomatoes, ground chorizo/sausage, and chilies in a skillet on medium heat for few minutes until mixed together.
- Add in cream, rest of your spices, diced apricots, and parsley (save some for topping too). Cook for 10 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked through.
- Add a 1 tsp or more of lemon juice (to enhance spices) and mix again.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1 cup of tomato/meat mixture into individual bowls. Top with 1/2 a hard boiled egg and 3 - 4 tbsp goats milk yogurt.
- Garnish with extra parsley, bacon crumbles, pepper/salt, and red pepper.
- Serve with grain free flat bread and cucumber if desired.
OPTIONAL: * Bacon Crumbles for topping This dish can easily be made vegetarian by using tempeh or scrambled tofu with the tomatoes.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeBreakfast Nut Free Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.