Turkey Cranberry Butternut Squash Sage Meatballs with Curry Cauliflower Cream Sauce
These savory meatballs with turkey, curry powder, and sage also have a sweet side with butternut squash and cranberries. The butternut squash helps to keep the meatballs moist while imparting a fall essence. These versatile meatballs can be served as an appetizer, yet are hearty enough to function as the main dish. The curry cauliflower cream adds to the savory flavors while complementing the sweetness of the squash and cranberries.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Butternut Squash, grated and packed
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Sage, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, diced
- 6 cloves 6 cloves 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Butter, Salted
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, + 1 tsp
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Dried Cranberries, Organic, finely chopped
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Coconut Milk
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, grated butternut squash, egg, salt, black pepper, and dried cranberries.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the salted butter in a saucepan. Add half of the chopped sage (two tablespoons), half of the onion (half of a cup), half of the garlic (three cloves), and one teaspoon of the curry powder.
- Saute the mixture until the onion is translucent and lightly brown.
- Add the onion mixture to the large bowl with the meat mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a pan.
- Shape the mixture into small balls or patties and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, in batches so that the meatballs do not touch eachother in the pan, over medium high heat.
- Transfer the meatballs to the buttered cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy cauliflower cream sauce. In a saucepan heat the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Saute the remaining sage (two tablespoons), onion (half of a cup), garlic (three cloves), and curry powder (two teaspoons) until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cauliflower and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the cauliflower is softened, about ten minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding the salt and pepper if desired, to taste.
- Serve the meatballs on the sauce or pour the sauce over the meatballs.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeNightshade Free Nut Free Poultry Shellfish Free
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.