Tomato Braised Short Ribs
- 5 lb 5 lb 5 lb Beef Short Ribs
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 30 oz 30 oz 30 oz Tomato Sauce, 2 cans, no salt added
- 10 cloves 10 cloves 10 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat bacon grease in a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Sear short ribs about one minute per side, just until they have a good brown on them, place into a large crock pot.
- Sprinkle ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Top with dried basil.
- Place smashed garlic over ribs.
- Pour in two cans of tomato sauce, cover crock pot with a lid and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove lid and turn crock pot to high for one additional hour of cooking if the sauce seems pretty soupy.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week