Tomato Bacon Casserole
This bubbily, layered mixture of tomatoes, bacon, and onions could be served as a side dish, or atop your choice of entrée for an extra layer of flavors.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is hot and starts to bubble, add the chopped bacon to the skillet.
- Slice the onion, and add it to the bacon when the bacon is crispy. Sauté the onion until soft.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Lightly grease a 4-cup casserole dish, and line the bottom with a layer of the tomato slices.
- Spoon some of the bacon and onion mixture over the tomatoes. Repeat layering, ending with the tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the dish with the rosemary, oregano, and salt.
- Chop the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, and place it on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the butter bubbles and the tomatoes are golden on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week