Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick and soft grain-free chocolate chip cookies are lower in sugar and carbs, grain-free, lactose-free, and Paleo - but you'll never know you're not eating the real thing! You absolutely MUST try these.
- 1.75 cup 1.75 cup 1.75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, lightly, beaten
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, (more if you have trouble getting cookies to hold together before baking)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, for garnish (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- reheat the oven to 350F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick pad.
- Add the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or whisk and stir gently until combined.
- In a separate, heat proof bowl, pour the warm melted coconut oil over the honey. This will soften the honey and make it easier to work with. Stir briefly, then add the oil/honey mixture, egg and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer if possible, or else stir vigorously with a whisk or fork, to make sure all of the wet ingredients are distributed equally throughout the dry ingredients. Add more coconut oil if necessary for the dough to come together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping Tablespoons of dough and press firmly into a ball. Press down slightly into a thick disc and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place 6-8 dough discs on a cookie sheet, leaving at least 2" between each to allow for a bit of spreading.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the base. They will still be very soft.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet, where they will firm up a bit, before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Be gentle, as they will still be soft!
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week (if they last that long), or in the freezer for up to three months.
Makes approximately 15 cookies
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week