Thai on Thursday
Slow cooker red curry chicken, zucchini noodles with toasted cashews and charred broccoli.
- 2 - 3 lb 2 - 3 lb 2 - 3 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Coconut Milk, from a can
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Red Curry Paste, thai kitchen brand
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 head 2 head 2 head Broccoli
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup raw Cashews
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Zucchini, spiralized
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Salt and Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add chicken, coconut milk, curry paste, and spices to slow cooker.
- Using a fork, mix the curry in with the coconut milk and spices.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- 1 hour before chicken is done, begin preparations for the broccoli and cashew stir fry.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Place pieces into a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Allow to char for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with the coconut aminos and add salt and pepper. Set broccoli aside once it has a slight char. Tops will be slightly brown.
- On the same pan, begin to toast the cashew pieces. Stir frequently until pieces begin to brown. 3-5 minutes.
- Once cashews are cooked, place the zucchini noodles in the pan. Mix them together until the noodles are fully warmed. (About 3 minutes)
- Pour over the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add in the charred broccoli and stir one more time.
- Set the broccoli and cashew noodle stir fry aside.
- When chicken is done, using two forks gently pull apart the chicken thighs into bite size pieces.
- Serve cashew noodle stir fry on a large plate and top with pieces of chicken with some of the red curry sauce.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week