Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Hearty and nourishing butternut squash soup with a twist. Perfect for fall and full of powerfull antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic
- 500 gram 500 gram 500 gram Butternut Squash, chopped
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Carrots, chopped
- 500 ml 500 ml 500 ml Vegetable Broth
- 1 - 2 tsp 1 - 2 tsp 1 - 2 tsp Chili Powder, or red chili paste
- 200 ml 200 ml 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp dried Thyme
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp whole Coriander Seeds, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ginger Root, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan and saute garlic and onion for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, vegetable stock, bay leaf, thyme, red curry paste (or powder) and coriander seeds and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, take out the bay leaf and add the coconut milk. Pour the soup into your blender and puree on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until completely smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish with chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds (optional)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week