- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Grain-Free Pie Crust (click for recipe)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Tangerines (Mandarin Orange), Juice plus zest of each orange (about 1/2 cup juice) + additional one, thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Honey, Raw
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Thoroughly grease a 14" fluted tart pan or 8" square baking dish and press the prepared pie crust dough into the bottom. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or until the oven preheats to 350F. Bake 10 minutes.
- While the crust is pre-baking, prepare the filling by pureeing the remaining ingredients in the food processor until smooth. Pour the filling into the prebaked crust and garnish with thin slices of tangerine if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is set.
- Allow to cool before slicing into bars. Serve immediately, or store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you're looking to add something more to this recipe, you could... ...sprinkle chopped candied orange peel or ginger evenly over the par-baked crust before adding the filling. Pour the filling directly over it, then bake; ...saute the butter or olive oil with fresh rosemary and strain before adding it to the crust. This will impart a soft herby flavor which accents the tangerine well. Just make sure you thoroughly chill the dough before baking; ...add 1/4-1/2 tsp ground (dried) ginger to the filling batter; or ...replace a portion of the tangerine with grapefruit ...replace some or all of the butter/vegan butter in the crust with olive oil for some more depth of flavor. If you don't have a rectangular fluted tart pan, you can use an 8" square baking dish instead. No matter what shape your bars turn out, they still taste fantastic.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week