Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is such an easy meal with so much flavor, it’s kind of absurd. These taco stuffed bell peppers not only look so amazing, they taste even better than they look. It’s like a little single-serving bowl full of goodness – and you get to eat the bowl. This recipe is a keeper, and anyone can make it with ease. Just cook up the ground beef, mix in the taco seasonings and other ingredients and stuff the peppers to the brim. Cook them in the oven for just 15 minutes and in no time you’ll be devouring these easy taco stuffed bell peppers.
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Jasmine Rice, Optional
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Onion, Diced
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Green Chilies, 1 can
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Paprika
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cumin
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Onion Powder
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp dried Oregano
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- If you are using rice, cook the rice and have it ready. Or, if you are like us, just use the organic jasmine rice from Trader Joe's it is ready in 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in the ground beef and onion to the pan to brown.
- Mix up the taco seasoning (garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper, salt and oregano) and get your peppers ready while the beef is cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the beef is browned, add the taco seasoning and green chilies. Mix well.
- Add in the rice and mix everything together one last time.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet. Fill them up with the beef mixture.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pepper is cooked to your liking. We like the peppers with a little crunch, so 15 minutes was just right.
- Serve your peppers with optional toppings of salsa, tomatoes, olives, avocado, cilantro, etc.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week