Sweet & Savory Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Sweet Potato, about 2 large or 7 C when diced small
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease, sub olive oil for vegan option
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup dried, unsweetened Cranberries
- Peel potatoes and dice into small pieces.
- Heat fat in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and salt then stir so the potatoes are evenly coated in fat and salt. Allow to brown, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are fully cooked, about 10 minutes. *see notes*
- Add the garlic & herb seasoning blend then cranberries and stir. Allow the cranberries to warm and soften a bit before removing from heat and serving.
If the potatoes start to caramelize beyond your liking before they are fully cooked, simply lower the heat to medium, stir in your cranberries and spice blend, then add a splash of water and put a lid on the skillet. This will stream the potatoes and allow them to finish cooking with minimal browning.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week