Sweet Potato Chips
Fact: frying things is good for you. Save yourself some angst and choose cylindrical sweet potatoes.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, finely ground pink Himalayan, if possible
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest, or however much you get from one lemon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat until hot. There should be about a half inch of oil in the pan once it's melted. Add more if needed.
- While oil is heating, peel the sweet potatoes and slice both ends if necessary to make them flat. With a mandolin set on 1/8", slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Peel garlic clove and strip leaves from rosemary sprig. Chop the rosemary and garlic together until finely minced, and mix with the salt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Once oil is hot, add slices of sweet potato (enough to fill the pan without crowding).
- After 2-3 minutes, flip slices and cook 2-3 minutes more or until browned and curled at the edges.","Remove from the pan and let drain on paper towels or paper bags.
- Sprinkle with salt mixture while still hot and move onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes until done.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week