Sweet Apple Pork Meatballs
I grew up eating lots and lots of pork. Despite all of the jokes you can throw my way about failing to keep “Kosher”, I’m a very happy Jew with my breakfast filled with bacon and sausages. My body responds well to animal fat, so there is no reason for me to resist. I wanted to make some spiraled pasta with my nifty and new kitchen gadget: The Paderno Spiralizer! It’s about time I attempted to make some meatballs anyways. What else would I put atop these awesome zucchini noodles? Well, I’m sure there are a million things I could serve them with, but the most obvious choice for me was meatballs. I wanted to incorporate some sweetness because one of my favorite breakfast foods is apple chicken sausage. Since I am babbling on about pork though, I will be omitting the chicken and replacing it with some pig, wink wink. If you’d like, you can turn these into patties as well. I just love meatballs, bada boom.
- 2.5 lb 2.5 lb 2.5 lb Ground Pork
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Apple, Granny Smith, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp White Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sage, dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. You will most likely need more than one if you are going to use the entire 2 1/2 pounds.
- Combine all of your spices into a large bowl.
- Add in the ground pork. Using your hands, spread the spices onto all of the meat. Then, you can add in the diced apples and combine thoroughly.
- Create 30-40 meatballs (about 1-oz each). Spread them evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they appear golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite side dish. I prepared mine with zoodles (spiraled zucchini pasta.) Enjoy!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCoconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free GAPS Meat Nightshade Free Nut Free Shellfish Free Sugar Free Whole30
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.