Sweet and Spicy, Ginger Jalapeno Pulled Pork
All natural, quick and easy, succulent, tender, sweet and spicy, seriously saucy, ginger and jalapeno pulled pork.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Pork Loin
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup wheat-free Tamari, could sub coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Pure, or 1 date, very finely chopped for Whole30
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, I used 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped - more or less to taste
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, about 1 cm - peeled and grated
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed from about 1/4 of a large lime
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and place into your slow cooker.
- Place all marinade ingredients into a small bowl or jug and whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade into the slow cooker over your pork and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Once your pork is cooked, transfer to a plate and cover with foil and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While your meat is resting, turn the slow cooker down to low and add your arrowroot powder (if using) to that glorious, caramelized, sweet, spicy sauce and stir to combine. This will help the remaining sauce to thicken.
- Once your meat has rested, shred it with 2 forks and return it to your now thickened sauce, add a squeeze of lime and stir to combine.
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week