Super Creamy Homemade Almond Milk
Just a handful of ingredients and a blender can produce super rich and flavorful homemade almond milk!
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almonds, (raw and unsalted)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Cashews, raw
- 7 cup 7 cup 7 cup Water, (divided), plus more for soaking
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Honey, Raw, or stevia, amount to taste (optional, or omit)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the almonds and cashews (if using) in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain the nuts and discard the soaking water.
- Transfer the nuts to a high speed blender and add 4-5 cups filtered water, so that there is about twice as much water in the blender as nuts, and the vanilla.
- Blend on high speed until the nuts are pureed into tiny bits - almost like almond flour.
- Line a large mixing bowl with a large piece of clean cheesecloth. Wrap it around the sides of the bowl and secure it under the bowl or secure it to the sides of the bowl with a couple of binder clips. Either way, make sure it is not going anywhere.
- Carefully pour the contents of the blender over the cheesecloth, then carefully gather the four corners of the cheesecloth, twist a couple of times and lift to drain. Very carefully, squeeze the cheesecloth to drain all of the liquid into the bowl. Discard the cheesecloth and its contents (or a quick google search should provide some recipes that use up almond milk pulp).
- Add 1-3 more cups of water to the bowl to thin out the milk to your desired consistency.
- Taste the milk in the bowl and add sweetener to taste, if desired. If you add sweetener, I'd also suggest adding a small pinch of salt, but it is up to you.
- Pour the milk into a pitcher and drink immediately or store in the refrigerator.
If you can't have cashews, replace them with an additional 1/2 cup of almonds. Your milk will be a little less creamy, but still delicious! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about a week, though the sooner this milk is consumed, the better. You may need to stir or shake gently before you drink it, if the milk starts to separate (remember - this version does not contain additives to help it maintain a uniform consistency!). Yield: 6-7 cups
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
There are no reviews yet.