STUFFED PEPPERS WITH WILD RICE AND ASIAGO
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Red Bell Pepper
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey, Use ground meat of choice
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Spinach, frozen spinach chopped defrosted and drained
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Rice, Jasmine, see notes for easy cooking instructions
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, minced, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Prepare your peppers by cutting straight across the top to remove the stem, scoop out all the seeds and the membranes from the inside.
- Line prepared peppers in the prepared small baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the 1 lb meat, 10 oz spinach, 1.5 cups rice, 1 cup cheese, 1 tbsp rosemary, 1pinch salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and toss to combine.
- Share the mixture evenly between the 6 peppers. Top with the additional cheese, if wanted.
- Tent the foil over the pan and bake for 50 minutes. After, remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
If you're having trouble with your peppers standing up in the pan, cut the bottom to level it (like a layer cake). You can use fresh spinach instead if desired. Saute to soften and get the water out before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. You can sub white rice for wild rice, or you could use cauli rice if you want but it might be a little soggy. The filling cooks inside the pepper in my version. If you prefer a looser filling, just cook all of the filling ingredients in a pan until your meat is cooked. Lightly steam your peppers, and then fill the peppers and put them in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese, or if you want you to, skip the cheese.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week